Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Going, Going, Gone: Wilkes' Journey through The Show (Part One)


All athletes look to take his or her talents to the next level, but what if you do not have the skill to make it to that level and still want to be a star athlete. I will tell you that video games are the answer. The 2K series, MLB The Show series, and even the Madden Series have a mode that allows you to customize yourself or as you will a bossed up athlete. 

For me, I find comfort in that people with zero to no athleticism can see what it is like to be a super athlete even if it’s just a visual effect. I am one of those people that cannot play sports and any chance I get will play one of these sports games.


That chance I get I tend to put in MLB The Show. I’ve been playing The Show 17’ and the game mode Road to the Show lately. I created a right fielder that’s 6’7” and a stud at the plate. This monster of a play, Ryan Wilkes, got drafted by the Kansas City Royals, sent to Double-A ball, and basically dominated the rest of the league. Ole boy’s batting average in Double-A was a .449 with 210 hits, 69 homeruns and 191 RBIs.


He was held down in Double-A to long and then gets called up straight to the show on August 4. Wilkes’ first game in the MLB was a show stopping performance. He went 3-4 with two homeruns and three RBIs. It was the right time to call up my boy Wilkes to the show. 



This was just the beginning for the homerun slayer and pitchers the scouting reports will not help you. Stay in check for more about pitchers’ worst nightmare Ryan Wilkes.




No comments:

Post a Comment