Sunday, June 18, 2017

Mass Effect Andromeda: Review


Traveling through space, making friends, getting planets to a livable standard while trying to kill an alien species from taking over galaxies is all expected in a Mass Effect game. However, Mass Effect: Andromeda took it to the next level.

As a child I never got into the Mass Effect games but something was different in this particular one. Was it the customization? Was it the gameplay? Or was it something else? I want to say that it was all of the above. Andromeda was a well-made game in my opinion and immediately had me hooked.

The customization was lacking some components but it was enough to make your character the way you wanted it to be. You either got to play as Sara Ryder or Scott Ryder. The specifics of this layout gave your character the ability to speak. I’m glad it was something like Skyrim where your character didn’t have that ability.

The gameplay was where it was at for me specifically. In Andromeda you could romance various characters on your team. I romanced Peebee with Sara Ryder, which many communities were enraged about the romances of lesbian and gay character or was it the cut-scenes….

The story was good if you enjoy exploring galaxies, trying to save humanity from extinction, or killing an evil alien race. The Archon was the man villain in the game, which I found was extremely annoying due to his obsession with an ancient alien technology. 

The gameplay was simply awesome especially the exploring of planets. This aspect got you to encounter different alien species, which was phenomenal. I enjoyed the aspects of romancing, story, and gameplay in Andromeda.

There were some things I did not like. Customization was highly limited and that kind of turned me off from the game a little. The other thing was that I wished that there were more planets to explore and change to livable conditions. 

I would give this game an 8/10. If you played the Mass Effects as a child, I suggest that you grab you a copy. If you’re like me then you will enjoy this Mass Effect game.

No comments:

Post a Comment