Monday, August 21, 2017

MLB the Show: An Atlanta Brave Wild Card Fantasy


Since the MLB is counting down to October and teams are trying to widen gaps in each division, let’s talk about my fantasy team on MLB the Show. The Atlanta Braves are my fantasy team that just clinched the postseason with a Wild Card game bid against the Philadelphia Phillies.


The two arms on the mound were Jeff Smardzija, Phillies, and my southpaw, DavidPrice. I thought it was going to be a rough outing for Price when he gave up a homer to Kevin Pillar in the first.

I was set at ease when I got on the board with a three-run blast from big man Aaron Judge. Judge managed to hit the Chop House in right field of Sun Trust Stadium.

I managed to get two more runs in the game. One was in the third and the other was in the fourth inning. The Phillies never scored another run and I would manage to win 5-1.


Jeff Samardzija pitched five innings giving up 10 hits with five earned runs and one strikeout. On my side David Price pitched a gem of a game although he gave up one run. Price’s line was eight innings giving up one run and three hits while striking out nine batters.



Price wasn’t the only player on my team that played well. Aaron Judge was my top hitter going 2-4 with one homer and three RBIs in the winning effort. However, Price would get the MVP honors for the Wild Card Game.


My Braves move on to the NLDS to play the LA Dodgers. I am thinking that I will start my other southpaw, Alex Wood. Wood carried my pitching staff by winning the CY Young. We shall see how this will work out and hopefully it will be a glorious win.

No comments:

Post a Comment