Sunday, August 27, 2017

MLB the Show: An Atlanta Brave NLDS Fantasy P1


Game one of the NLDS between my Atlanta Braves and the LA Dodgers did not disappoint, well for me that is. On the mound for me was the NL CY Young of 2017 Alex Wood and for the Dodgers Felix Hernandez.


I thought my Braves were going to loose in the first inning when the Dodgers took an early 2-0 lead. However things started happening for me in the top of the third when I would gain the lead 4-2. 


The Dodgers would stay in the game when they scored another run in the bottom of the sixth making it a 4-3 game. I would make it even more difficult for LA when I scored two more runs in the top of the seventh making it 6-3 in favor of my Atlanta Braves. That lead would have help up making me the victor of game one of the NLDS.


The two starters did not last to long either. Let’s start with “King” Felix. His line was 5.1 inning of work allowing eight hits and giving up four earned runs. 


While for the winning pitcher Alex Wood, he would go six solid innings giving up five hits, surrendering three earned runs while striking out for. It wasn’t the best outing but it got the job done. My bullpen shut the door down when called upon. Through three pitchers of Siegrist, Fields, and Diaz, I stuck seven batters out through the last three innings.


The bats were alive and well for both teams. George Springer was the lone bat for the Dodgers where he went 2-4 with one homerun and three RBIs. As for me Aaron Judge was my offensive hero. Judge went 2-5 with one homerun and two RBIs.


It was a great win and even better to take it on the road while in the NLDS. The pitchers for Game 2 are Dodgers’ Masahiro against Braves’ Jameson Taillon. Let’s see if I can take Game 2 and bring it back to Atlanta to win the division series against those LA Dodgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment